“A Teacher can never truly teach unless he himself continues to learn.”
The main objectives of Department of Teachers’ Professional Development are as follows:
- Imparting adequate knowledge of the subject matter and equipping the prospective teachers with necessary pedagogic skills.
- Developing proper attitude towards teaching.
- Enabling teachers to make proper use of instructional facilities.
- Enhancing the quality of learning in schools
- Enabling teachers to ascertain joyful learning skills and help them to focus on play way methods.
- Awareness about Learning Outcomes, Child Psychology, New methodology & pedagogy
- Providing opportunity to our teachers for sharing the best practices with fellow teachers.
- Promoting the interdisciplinary approach of learning.
- Emphasizing on assessment as learning.
- Reinforcing the impact of training by decentralizing it thus minimizing the duration and transactional loss.
- To organize trainings and Capacity Building Programmes for Teachers including BRPs & ABRCs, School Heads, Principals, BEOs, DEEOs, DEOs and group C & D staff of School Education Department Haryana.
- To organize Training Need Assessment (TNA) and prepare Annual Training Calendar (ATC) as per the need to enhance the quality of learning in schools.
- To provide trainings to KRPs (Key Resource Persons) at State/District/Cluster & Block level.
- To organize training programmes, conferences and seminars for DIETs/BITEs/GETTIs.
- To provide linkage and coordination with MoE, NCERT, NIEPA, RIE, NCTE, CCRT etc.
- To attend training & planning related meetings at Directorate level.
- To prepare training material/modules for teacher training.
- To spread awareness about Learning Outcomes, Child psychology, New Methodology & Pedagogy.
- 62000 (PRTs, TGTs and ESHM) Teachers are given training under NISHTHA Programme. (2019-20)
- Learning Enhancement Program for all Primary Schools. (2019-20)
- 10 days Training of Newly Promoted BRPs and ABRCs. (2019-20)
- Certificate course for Newly Promoted Principals of district Nuh & Aarohi Model Schools. (2019-20)
- 16 days Leadership Training for Newly Promoted Principals from all over Haryana. (2019-20)
- Subject specific training (Mathematics, Hindi, Political Science, English, Sociology. (2019-20)
- Department of Teachers’ Professional Development of SCERT has developed different Training packages before giving training to teachers as well as Master Trainers.
|1||Sh. RK Ponia||Sr. Specialist|
|2||Sh. Braham Parkash||Sub. Specialist|
|3||Smt. Tanu Bhardwaj||Sub. Specialist|